Users of this site
Because we believe that you shouldn’t have to provide personal information to use this site, you may:
- Read or use this site without registering an account.
- Register for an account to edit this site without providing an email address or real name.
Because we want to understand how the site is used so we can make it better for you, we collect some information when you:
- Make public contributions.
- Register an account or update your user page.
We are committed to:
- Describing how your information may be used or shared.
- Using reasonable measures to keep your information secure.
- Never selling your information or sharing it with third parties for marketing purposes.
- Only sharing your information in limited circumstances, such as to improve this site, to comply with the law, or to protect you and others.
- Retaining your data for the shortest possible time that is consistent with maintaining, understanding, and improving the site, and our obligations under applicable law.
- Any content you add or any change that you make to this site will be publicly and permanently available.
- To contact us email beyondnotables[at]gmail[dot]com.
The project involves the analysis of historical data that pertains to named individuals. Although most of the data subjects will no longer be living it is possible that some will be, and it is also possible that some personal data uncovered may be sensitive, or potentially sensitive, in character. The project team is aware that publication of personal information is not to be handled lightly; we have consulted with our partners the Society of Antiquaries of London (SAL) and the Royal Archaeological Institute about both GDPR and copyright issues in relation to publication of the data their archives contain. In particular, we have agreed with the SAL and RAI that we will consult with them before publication if any issues of potential sensitivity arise, and that in any cases of doubt there will be a presumption in favour of anonymity.